Three-Year Baccalaureate Degree Programs
Criminology, English and Psychology
The College of New Jersey offers a unique opportunity for motivated students
to expedite and complete their degree in three years*
The TCNJ 3-Year Bachelor’s program in Criminology, English or Psychology is perfect for
highly-motivated students who enter TCNJ with a minimum of two accepted AP courses or have
successfully completed 2 college courses with a B or better prior to matriculating at TCNJ.
Our three-year Bachelor’s Degree will save both time and money without sacrificing the full
college experience. Like all students at TCNJ, we encourage our 3-year degree seekers to be
actively engaged in the life of our community including internships, clubs, athletics and study
To be considered for the three-year Bachelor’s Degree program, a student should have a
minimum high school GPA of a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Admission to the program will be determined
utilizing a holistic approach with the GPA being one of the multiple factors being considered.
1. Three-year degree applicants will bring with them a minimum of two acceptable AP or 2
college level courses with a score of 4 on the AP test(s) or a minimum of a B on a college
course prior to matriculation at TCNJ.
2. Students in a three-year program will have a designated 3-year advisor for their major.
3. Students will not be allowed to overload in the semester when taking a writing intensive
4. With close academic advising, 3-year degree students will complete the 6 units (classes)
needed to graduate during the winter, summer and/or a one-semester overload each
● The 3-year program is not recommended for students who seek admission into Medical School or direct
admission into doctoral programs.
Please contact the individual department or Admissions at 609-771-2131 for more information.