- identifying contacts at high schools around the state (for help in recruiting English majors among high school students and advertising TCNJ’s professional development opportunities to high school teachers),
- assisting with the development of new marketing/recruitment materials for the English major,
- researching best practices around the country for recruiting, mentoring and retaining Black students in an English major,
- planning campus events to raise awareness of issues of equity and inclusion (such as events about banned books or about the culture wars and the literary canon), and
- developing programming to help future teachers among our English majors to become more sensitized to the need for (and challenges of) teaching both canonized and non-canonized literature in a multicultural classroom (such as book clubs or learning communities related to the multicultural K-12 classroom and the politics of the literary canon).